Monday, June 3, 2013

STOP TRYING TO MAKE "SUMMER" HAPPEN.

Have you guys all seen the movie Mean Girls? You know when Regina George is being a real wench to her friend Gretchen (who is trying to turn the word "fetch" into a cool word)? 
She says to Gretchen:
"STOP trying to make "fetch" happen. It's not going to happen"

I feel like that is what Mother Nature is trying to tell Wisconsin about summer, that it's just not going to happen...and Wisconsin only semi-listens. 5 days of 50 degrees and rain....followed by 1 day of 74 and sunny. ::repeat::

Hope you're following me here. Either way, this weekend kicked butt, and we had not one but TWO days where it didn't rain most of the time. I even got to wear short sleeves one day. Amazing.

Here's what's been up lately:

1. It was finally nice enough to wear this soft, amazing GAP tee:

2. Saturday we had a full day/night with our friends that was Mexican themed. Only Mexican beer, pop, food. It was awesome. Especially because Jarritos are pretty to look at:

3. I stole this picture from Dani- but she captured the best shot of our watermelon basil margaritas.Yum.

4. Naturally I had to make guacamole. I mean, come on. It was DELICIOUS. You may just see a recipe for it on the blog soon :)  


5. I had to take this cheesy picture to prove there were blue skies. And because I painted my nails and didn't pick off the polish for like a solid 8 hours (new record).

6. In other news, I bought some awesome colorful paper straws from an Etsy shop a bit back and they arrived this weekend. SUPER cheap, and so cheery! If you're looking for fun straws or washi tape for a party- I highly recommend the shop Loollipop (no, not a typo).  She was super accomodating when I bought these straws and some other goodies. Yes, I compulsively put them in rainbow order...

7. Sunday Michael and I headed downtown to fish with our friend Ben. It was STUNNING on lake Mendota. I even stole Michael's iPhone for a few panoramas!



How was your weekend, friends?
Tell me something good!

xo, lp


psssssssssssst: do you love instagram as much as i do? find me HERE!


8 comments:

  1. your shirt is adorable! and who doesn't love guacamole? :D
    our weekend was sunny... but so humid that it was like walking through soup. yay ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay i love mexican themed anything! how fun :)

    and those straws are adorable! i'll be checking that shop out in 3..2..1..

    have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaannnndddddd now I'm craving guac. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I say some version of "stop trying to make ____ happen" at least once a day! Usually to myself. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love instagram and I adore your pictures! They are all so bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures and I love the comparison to Mean Girls - hilarious. Your outfit is adorbs. love this blog entry. I saw you on the weekend link up, come say hey sometime!

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the summer post! Looks like you had fabulous weather. I think MN has really ticked off mother nature. I spent the weekend at my cabin and on Saturday it was 42 degrees and drizzling. Boo to that. Although it was great weather for a Bloody Mary Bar Crawl at some of the small town bars ;) Cheers to summer coming sometime... Maybe by August?

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...